Monday, April 13, 2009

Forgiveness

I have been on a forgiveness kick lately. Here are some of my favorite forgiveness quotes.

Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. ~Paul Boese

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. ~Mahatma Gandhi

I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself. ~Harriet Nelson

Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
~Mark Twain




You know you want to forgive someone today. It's easier than not.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Forgiveness is something that I feel very strongly about, but sometimes struggle with...I'll be copying some of those quotes down to help me. Thank you!