Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I will

I will have more dance parties and not care that people are able see me through the window. I will channel my inner Shakira and learn how to shake my hips even if I end up breaking one. I will not shave my legs anymore, I usually miss half of it anyway. I will shave my head and be the best G.I. Jane I can be, rock hard abs and all. I will learn. I will gamble. I will enjoy ice cream whenever the temperature rises above 70 degrees and triggers my craving. I will sleep on the beach with nothing but my sleeping bag, the stars, and a handgun. I will no longer let grizzly bears haunt my dreams. I will love. I will get a tattoo of an organ donor ribbon on the back of my neck. I will run. I will buy a box of sangria and not feel ashamed if I finish it in a week. I will write a book. I will travel to Florence, Italy and stand among dozens of people (or streets) that share my name. I will be a mother. I will speak to God like he is my best friend, not some distant relative who lives miles away. I will sky dive. I will apologize. I will shed all negative thoughts, petty grudges and unfounded fears. I will show gratitude. I will show pain.



I will wake up.

I will not regret.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Beautifully written. We could all use a little "I will" rather than "I can't"

It was good to see you last night, even if it was a short visit.