Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pride

In one year and one day I will be thirty. Seriously, where has the time gone? I have had many ups and downs in my life and am ready for the downs to be over with. However, I am beginning to learn that no matter how old I am, how much I have been through, God always has new challenges awaiting me.

A recent battle of mine has to do with morality, standing up for what I believe in, and knowing when to back down. I'm a stubborn girl. When I have an opinion in something, or feel I have been wronged, it takes quite a bit for me to back down.
With this latest battle, my integrity and my pride seem to be clashing. God knows I need to take the high road and be the bigger person. I just wish that it were that easy. I need to realize that just because another may resort to insults and venom, it doesn't mean that I need to stoop to their level. Let's face it though, I, like everyone else, strive have my voice heard.

When does it become pointless? Is vindication too selfish of a desire?

1 comment:

Mark said...

First, you are right in saying that you are a stubborn girl (more stubborn than me ;)).
I am not sure about all of those big words you used in your post, but I think what is important is remaining true to yourself. You know the truth and let it be heard, and that should be all that matters. Love you Babe!