Sunday, December 14, 2008

Giving

Recovering from shingles. The blotches are still present and the pain is still lingering, but I feel better. Both mentally and physically. I had my creatinine checked last monday to make sure that it didn't affect my kidney function and the level actually went down (which is good). I let out a huge sigh of relief upon hearing that information. No matter what, I will always have that slightly paranoid and cautious thought process when it comes to my health.

In other news, I am poor. Shocking, I know. I am not poor to the point where I struggle to put food on the table or can't afford to put gas in my car, don't get me wrong. However, since it is the holiday season, I can't help but feel even more disheartened about financial matters. I love giving. There is no better feeling than picking out the perfect gift for a loved one and watching them open it. Not being able to do this absolutely crushes me and leaves me feeling a little embarrassed as well. Sigh, and unfortunately, I have stubborn family members who, against my wishes, are still getting me a gift. I know their hearts are in the right places, but I just feel foolish showing up empty handed and leaving with my arms full. This has probably been the worst Christmas for me financially. Usually, I am at least able to afford getting something small for my nieces and nephews and I just don't even see that happening this year. :(
I am not completely feeling like a failure though. I am trying to think of creative homemade things that I can do for people that are super cheap, if not free. So, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to let me know! : )

3 comments:

Tracy said...

No matter how much you give you're heart is in the right place and everyone who knows you sees that. LOVE YOU BABE!!!

Anonymous said...

give your love and yourself...that's all anyone really wants.....you are an amazing person. we all know that. and those who do not...well they dont matter.

love you roomie!

Anonymous said...

You could always bake some brownies. Yummy! You could get some cheap holiday plates and a few boxes of brownie mix and for under $10 I bet you could give everyone some treats.