Monday, October 17, 2011

When quitting is a good thing...

Prior to Sunday, I hadn't been on a real date since breaking up with Mark. Compared to the absolute atrocity of this so called date, I am pretty sure that another 6 dateless months would have been just fine.  The date consisted of meeting at a bar, having a drink (which I paid for), eating at a sandwich place (conveniently located next door!), and getting the ever anticipated (sarcasm) invite to his place to "watch a movie." I politely declined.  Is this what dating is now? Have I been out of the game that long? Are men really that lazy? And cheap?  And horny?  I am sure that I will laugh about this disaster at some point in my life, but unfortunately, right now, I am frustrated beyond belief and pretty bummed out. 

I wasn't expecting a lifelong partner out of this date but I thought I would at least get a decent meal and perhaps have a good time? 


No comments: