Thursday, June 9, 2011

I am like a bird...

All good things must come to an end. What self loathing bastard said that anyway? I'm a giver in relationships. I blame it on my mother, my grandmother, and whoever else in my bloodline of women decided that neglecting oneself and taking care of everyone else, was a grand idea.  Last night, I broke the cycle. I feel so free, so empowered, and so strong! So, why do I also feel so unsure as well. Why do I feel my skin crawling and the whispers of regret sneaking up on me? Why can I not rid myself of this bad taste that has been in my mouth ever since? Naked dreams. Does anyone have those? Where suddenly you find yourself in a crowded room and you ever so "conveniently" are without a stitch of clothing and all eyes are on you? That sums up my feelings about now.

Current fear? Fighting for what I believe in, settling for nothing, and ending up alone.  Is that the fate of a strong woman?


 For those worrying that I am on the verge of turning into a non-shaving, animalistic, picketing feminist, let me ease your mind.. The movie quote that consumes me at this moment is "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." 







No comments: